This year will definitely be a more challenging year then previous years before.
First of all, we hope you are well and you had a pleasant and restful summer in spite of the circumstances. We all understand that we are living in an extraordinary time that is offering challenges that we never imagined we would experience before in our lives.
While between April and June we had busy weeks to continue delivering online learning, during the recent weeks we had many meetings to prepare the mitigation measures requested by the Ministries of Health and Education. These measures were published in MySpot.
The summer holidays were very hectic for both the Board of Directors and the Administration Team. Besides the normal processing of filing, interviewing new staff and preparation of classes and timetables, we were busy with the interior decoration of the English and Geography classes and the Secretary’s Office. The main staircase leading from the gym to the third floor was also re-decorated. Another big project was the gypsum wall at the back of the hall’s stage that will serve as a screen for the two projectors which will be installed later on.
We thank God that most of the work done during these last months was financed by the generous donations of the parents of our students. In order for us to continue renovating the school and to embark on new projects we rely on your generous financial support.
The first school day of the new Scholastic Year.
Due to the present circumstances this year, we will not start school all together. During first week students will attend school on different days so that we can give the necessary attention and explain the drilling of the mitigation measures we will be implementing.
– On Monday 28 September, the Form 1 students will be admitted alone. These new students have never even entered our school. They did not have an Open Day like previous years and neither an orientation meeting.
– On Tuesday 29 September together with Form 1s, we will admit the Form 2 and 3 students, while,
– Forms 4 and 5 will come to school on Wednesday 30th September and we so we shall have full complement of the school.
New Staff Members
This year we would like to welcome these new staff members:
– Mr Matthew Camilleri BSc (Hons) in Chemistry with Materials; MSc in Advanced Organic Chemistry – Science Teacher
– Ms Kayleigh Coiffi B. Ed (Hon) English and Religious Education – English Teacher
– Ms Victoria Monseigneur BA French and Italian, PGCE French – French Teacher
– Dr Melissa Debono SHO Dental Surgeon – Learning Support Educator
– Ms Claire Formosa – Learning Support Educator
Staff members who will not be with us this Year
Ms Teresa Farrugia will be on Family Break Leave and Ms Ramona Francalanza was granted one-year unpaid leave.
Mr Keelan Ellul, Ms Francesca Scicluna, Ms Anthea Tabone and Mr Emanuel Zammit terminated their employment with our school because they were on an definite contract.
On behalf of the Board of Directors we thank them for the service they have rendered to our school.