6th December 1944 – Mr Anthony Agius, an Engine Fitter at the Malta Dry Docks, discussed the possibility of starting a Dockyard School with a number of SDC Members.
4th November 1946 – Encouraged by Fr George Preca, Founder of the Society of Christian Doctrine, and supported mainly by the Assistant to the General Superior Mr Carmel Callus, Anthony Agius greeted the first students who were to start their studies at the new St Michael School, which at that time was situated in Villa Violette, Marsa.
19th March 1951 – The foundations of the new school were laid in the new land that was bought on the outskirts of St Venera. Architect Joseph D’Amato was commissioned to prepare the necessary building plans while the execution of the whole project was entrusted to Mr Joseph Sultana.
8th May 1951 – Fr George Preca blessed the foundation stone of the new School in the presence of the Superior General and other Superiors of the Society of Christian Doctrine.
9th August 1951 – Archbishop Mgr. Michael Gonzi blessed the first stone of the new school. This official ceremony was also attended by the highest civil authority including the then Prime Minister Dr George Borg Olivier LL.D.
1st September 1977 – The Society of Christian Doctrine established a Board of Directors to help Mr Agius in the administration and running of the school.
29th March 1989 – Mr Anthony Agius, headmaster and founder of St Michael School passed away at St Luke’s Hospital. A solemn Requiem Mass was celebrated on the 31st March 1989 in the Auditorium, at the Mother House of the Society, in Blata l-Bajda.
1st April 1989 – Mr Raymond D’Amato, formerly Assistant Head, was appointed Headmaster.
16th August 1990 – Commencement of the new extension of the School comprising new classes, laboratories, a chapel and a large spacious hall on the first floor and a fully-fledged new gymnasium on the right side of the existing wing.
15th November 1996 – Archbishop of Malta, Mgr. Joseph Mercieca, blessed the new extension and concelebrated a thanksgiving Mass coinciding with the 50th Anniversary of the foundation of St Michael School.
1st June 2008 – Commencement of the building of the second floor comprising eight classes and three spacious Science Laboratories.
22nd September 2011 – Archbishop of Malta, Mgr. Paul Cremona OP, concelebrated a thanksgiving Mass in the school grounds and blessed the new floor and Science Labs.